GCI Audit Tools
When looking at how to green your camp there are many approaches to take. So many that it can be overwhelming and discouraging to take on such a task. In order to simplify this process and support your efforts, Green Camps Initiative has developed audit tools to help you establish a baseline of your facility’s usage trends.
During the audit you will input utility information and answer questions about each audit category to create a profile of your camp. The results will highlight areas that when addressed could potentially reduce your facility’s consumption and reduce cost.
As a member of Green Camps Initiative, you will be given access to a self audit tool to establish your facilities baseline for energy, water, waste, food systems and administration practices. Completing these audits is the first step in pursuing an accreditation as outlined in the first draft of standards.
This sample audit calculator determines the cost and energy consumption of space heaters around your facility.
- Energy cost is set at 11c/kWh
- Most space heaters range from 600-1500 watts.
- Notice the change in consumption when you compare different wattage units.
- Consider how building insulation could reduce the need for space heaters.
- Watch the change in cost by reducing the daily use by 1 hour.
If you found this resources useful, please join Green Camps Initiative to gain support in expanding the sustainable efforts at your camp program!